[UK-CONTEST] National Contest Journal

Laurence Mason laurence at forest-farm.co.uk
Wed May 5 14:56:16 EDT 2004

Nigel G3TXF wrote:

> As to price, I can only echo another UK Contest Reflector contributor
> who said that at current £/$ rates, it's a bargain.
>
> The only slight downside on the subscription admin front is that you
> can't renew for more than one year at a time (as I like to do with
> "QST" and "CQ", both of which can be renewed in hefty three-year
> chunks). Also when the ARRL sends you the NCJ renewal reminder, it
> never actually tells you the issue (date) at which your NCJ sub is due
> to lapse.

Likewise been reading for 10 plus years. Last year I never seemed to rx
the reminder (usually it comes ages before renewal). So when I realised
and spoke to ARRL they told me that you could now renew for more than
one year - I think the answer was up yo 3 years but can't remember. In
the end I paid for 2 years but with the recent change in exchange rate
wished I had only paid for the single year.

Laurence G4HTD