[UK-CONTEST] 50mhz rsgb contest

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed May 5 04:41:24 EDT 2004

>> Is anyone planning to be active in the 6M contest next weekend?
>
>Hi,
>
>The Newbury club plan to be on as G5XV/P.

Didn't hear you Ray!  In fact I didn't hear much at all - now I
remember why I gave up VHF contesting from up here.  In really good
conditions from a good site (like I had in the early 80s) you can do
really well but from a moderate site in moderate condx with moderate
gear its just plain boring!  Well I made 12 qsos....   EI/P in IO62 was
a new square on 6, a couple each in IO91 and IO92 prove its possible but
mostly I could _just_ hear quite a few signals but not enough to work
out who they were - _almost_ makes me think I should get a bigger
aerial....

Mind you Steve gw0gei was his predictable S9, and of course gd0emg...

Still, its nice when people say to you "ooohh first GM, thanks for the
3 multipliers" -
Another public service provided by
Andy
Gm8oeg