[UK-CONTEST] 50mhz rsgb contest

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 6 07:36:43 EDT 2004

>I have built a few of these and have ended up with an MFJ model, but
always
>have the same problem - RF gets in. I have reached the point where I
am
>considering buying the Yaesu unit for my 1000MP. Well, I was until I
saw the
>price! A good voice keyer is essential for effective SO2R ops, and
this is
>really holding me up now.

I was surprised that I _didn't_ have any RF problems although I'm only
running 100Watt.  The vertical/inv L/long wire for the LF bands comes
into the shack where the ATU is although I have the advantage of being
at ground level (outside shed!).  The 2590 has quite a high level of
output so I can damp the mic input with a fairly low resistor which
helps.

Andy