[UK-CONTEST] GW3NJW CQWW CW SOAB HP

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 29 08:22:53 EST 2004

At around midnight Sat. I felt OK ( even after having to repair the inverted
L on Friday morning), and decided to try for the full 48 ( meal breaks
aside), but at about 01:30 I hit the wall, and just had to sleep. When I
woke up it was 08:30! That's unheard of me, and I never use an alarm clock,
so dunno what happened, Anno Domini perhaps.

Band	Q	Z	C

160	103	7	37

80	462	12	53

40	670	24	87

20	802	21	74

15	212	21	62

10	35	11	24

TOTAL	2286	96	337

1,665,751 pts

Cdx c*** from the off, even on LF, better on Sunday. I expected 10 and 15 to
be off colour but 40m, what's going on? The propagation numbers look
reasonable; it's a funny old game!

TS870x2, Alpha 78 and SB220, WL10.5.

Antennas, crummy wires and verticals, all at 30ft or less a.g.l.

SO2R of limited benefit without decent antennas imo, but hey, you gotta try;
remember the dinosaurs?

Highlight, working D4B on 160m. Lowlight, missing the whole of the second
night, which wrecked my score.

GW0GEI wrote;

<	Was that anything to do with all the drugs you guys took in the 60s ?
:-))))>

Sex and drugs and rock and roll eh? Yeah right, I got the rock and roll, who
got the other two?

73

Clive
GW3NJW