[UK-CONTEST] Eu Sprint

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 9 15:18:17 EDT 2004

I concur precisely with the comments of GW4BLE about the SSB leg.

I missed the first 90  minutes 'cos of  domestic QRM.

Band		QSOs
14Mhz		28
7Mhz		49
3.5Mhz	28
Total		105

I tried calling a well known contest station on 20m who was literally 40dB
over S9, which is louder than my village local at 600 yards who runs 400
watts; he failed to copy me after three calls. I am running 400 watts,
wonder what power he was using? I confirm there are more alligators in this
contest than in the everglades :-((. Russian stations were an exemplary
exception in this regard, really well operated.

Then at the end on 80m, also observed a blatent example of rubber clocking,
despite the parties being advised by s.o. else that the time was up. Just
glad I wasn't really competing. Now where did I put that mouth wash?

Can I be jingoistic and say that no Gs were involved :-)

Frankly this contest is becoming a joke. Let us hope that the sponsors are
listening and can take some action.

73

Clive
GW3NJW