[UK-CONTEST] Grumpy Old Contesters

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 10 16:06:13 EDT 2004

The Eu Sprint is great fun and now that activity is growing, there are
sufficient stations around make it a proper challenging contest (not really
so in the early days). Thanks to all the team for putting it together - we
all know how much hard work goes into adjudication.

My effort this time around in the CW leg was frustrated by a small furry
animal. One minute before the off the PC locked up and wouldn't restart even
after a reboot. On taking the PC apart I found loads of mouse poo & pee all
over the motherboard (we have had a small mouse problem in the shack at
work!). Didn't have my laptop with me and after a while trying to clean up
the board and see if that allowed it to restart decided that I needed to
take the hard drive out of that computer, put it in another and get started.
Lost 45 minutes through that!

I did wonder where Dave had gone!

Andy