[UK-CONTEST] keyboards

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 16 03:18:53 EDT 2004

Peter,

I use a wireless keyboard/mouse in the office at home, and have had no
problems from the local RF. I also use a wireless mouse in the shack, and
there has been no problem there either.

However, in NFD, if you are using open-wire feeders to the ATU/RIG it may be
a different matter. Everything is co-ax here, with a run of (at least) 50m
to the antennas, so the real RF is a long way away. I know when I used
open-wire on one field day the local RF excitation was so bad that it caused
the rig synthesiser to go AWOL. But in general I think the 2.4 GHz systems
are pretty bomb-proof, so you will probably be OK !

73

Don, G3BJ