[UK-CONTEST] ZL1V in CQ WW SSB 2004

Chris Tran ZL1CT zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sat Oct 16 03:39:18 EDT 2004

Saturday 16th October 2004

Hello UK contesters

After several weeks of thinking that I'd be stuck at home on low-power 20m
only, I've arranged to be Single-op All-band HP during the CQ WW SSB contest
at the end of this month, from the QTH of the former ZM2K contest station.
Unfortunately only the 7ele 10m yagi is left on site and may be useless, as
ZM2K has not been active since about 1998, so I will have to use my own
modest antennas. The actual 'shack' is an old woolshed - horrible smells but
it's got a roof and 230v AC !

Please visit  www.qsl.net/zl1v/zl6qh.htm  to see some recent photos of the
spectacular 200-acre ZL6QH contest station, and the ZM2K site.

Please look for ZL1V on 80 to 10m during CQ WW SSB. Maybe I've got my timing
wrong, but I think UK stations can QSY above 7100kHz half-way through the
contest, so ZL1V will be looking for you there !

73
Chris
ZL1CT (GM3WOJ)