[UK-CONTEST] keyboards

RobertV mail2004 at mm0ant.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 05:22:29 EDT 2004

At 15/10/2004 21:08, you wrote:

>Hi, has anyone experience with wireless keyboards? any problems with RFI
>etc. Also can you still use the laptop keyboard when the remote one is still
>plugged in. I presume the rx plugs into one of the ports? Thinking of NFD
>(yes I know it's a long way off)  some like the laptop keyboard and I prefer
>the larger variety. Thanks in advance Pete G3KNU

I use an original Wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse here in the shack
and it is great for general use. No RFI that I've seen, but I'm not all that active.

I've also had experience using the latest Logitek keyboard and mouse as sold
in PC World. A customer brought one in and it wouldn't work. For some reason it
took me ages to get the things sync'ed to the receiver again. Didn't like the units at all.
I was particularly annoyed to find that the mouse needed it's very own driver to work,
this seems a nonsense since the end result is simply a PS2 mouse port but the
mouse simply didn't work without this driver.

I think I would stick to wired systems due to the potential for problems due to loss
of sync and batteries dying unexpectedly. I just don't like things being wireless for no
real reason.

Robert
MM0ANT