[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21/28MHz CW Contest - G3SJJ

Chris Burbanks g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 17 16:49:18 EDT 2004

154 Qs on 15m +  7 Qs on 10m = Total 161 Qs. Don't know the rest, the
adjudication software will sort that out.

Once again, this contest is past its sell by date. At the last HF
Convention, HFCC agreed to look at re-vamping it into a mixed-mode event.
This is now very much overdue. I had forgotten all the discussion and
allocated the day to the contest. I think that if I was still a working
person I would feel cheated of half of my weekend. Come on guys, get it
sorted. WAG has taken over and there is a lack of G interest, (as was the
case of the 7MHz contest.)  Time for a ... change (Sri to use a swear word)

Ft1kMP, Acom 1000 amp, A4S at 50ft. Writelog v10.50D using WPX format.

There were a few highlights though to report. Worked 5 JA call areas and
more JAs than at GU8D in the IOTA Contest. Some nice bits of DX on 10m in my
7 Qs - 5H3, S79 + VE1, W1, EA8 and 2 x 5B.  On 15m picked up TJ and ZD7, the
band then opened up West Coast States with a run of 001s. K7AO called in to
say that I was head and shoulders above all other UK. Obviously the biggies
weren't on, wise people, but quite ego boosting nevertheless.

Time for a ...! (six letter word)   Chris G3SJJ
---