[UK-CONTEST] FW: rsgb 21/28

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 19 19:06:27 EDT 2004

[ Forwarded for reasons obvious below]

-----Original Message-----
From: mu0fal [mailto:mu0fal at cwgsy.net]
Sent: 19 October 2004 22:53
To: Clive at gw3njw.org
Subject: rsgb 21/28

Hi Clive,
firstly nice to work you in the BW qso Party,what a great event!
sorry for responding directly to your post on the UK contest reflector but i
dont subscribe at the moment,just read the archives due to the huge amounts
of spam my old e-mail adress found in the public domain!
please feel free to forward the following to the reflector if you wish.
It is my belief that the RSGB 21/28 Contest is all about exploiting the
conditions on the HF bands in various stages of the solar cycle.good or
bad,,isnt this called research!
the previous week to this years CW event was a nontest weekend and the
actual day event contained the WAG and a major RTTY event both entertaining
the worlds contest fraternity many of whom will respond to CQ test whatever
the event!
..perhaps the previous weekend would have been a better option..the weekend
of the SSB event is a little early for winter conditions at the lower end of
the cycle,so perhaps HFCC might consider a  seperate CW and SSB event with a
mixed mode option on the same weekend after all we are all mode biased..arnt
we?
57 qsos this year in the restricted CW  section including w7 and ve7  but
all worthwhile and 52 minutes of cq s with no reply in one go!
this event must stay! but perhaps the format needs changing.
HFCC do a fantastic job..its up to us to support them.
73 Colin MU0FAL