[UK-CONTEST] EU Spring Sprint, SSB

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 10 15:23:28 EDT 2005

Interesting, Stavros. I was listening on 20m, not sure what time, but lots
of other EU guys calling CQ with sporadic answers. LY9A (LY3BA) was probably
the loudest and widest, also an IK4 I think.

How's this for an excuse for my non-appearance - Went to the local, well 7
miles away, Simsbury's to do the weekly food shop at about 1200. Car park
was not busy, good, will be in and out in half usual time. Oh no, darned
computer system crashed so no check outs working. Phoned them at 1600, yes,
just up again. Off I went, did the shop, collected my box of birthday chocs,
(free for approaching 60 or being a good customer!) Home and put the
shopping away then tune the bands as above before making the evening meal.
OK, someone top that for a feeble excuse.  Chris G3SJJ