[UK-CONTEST] 50MHz Contest Today

Adrian Rees (M1LCR) rees.a at btconnect.com
Mon Apr 25 08:33:33 EDT 2005

Hi all
Errr no I ran an IC756PROII from a 13.8 V PSU, driven by a generator.(One of
those cheap Chinese ones, for #200. 4 Stroke engine, with Generator rated at
850W / 1Kw Peak. Only good for about 200W of RF though, as it can't cope
with the fluctating demands of SSB or even fast CW for that matter ! But
very cheap to run. I think we only used about a pint of petrol in the 4
hours we ran the generator.

The flat batt in the Discovery was caused by me leaving the ignition keys
in, and turned on...heaters I suspect.

Well it was a good day out, and we'll be active more in the VHF /UHF
Contests over the coming months.
I'll be active from a site on the Mendips tomorrow night (20:00-22:30 LOCAL)
for the monthly 50MHz stuff.(Down in Bristol on business, so why not !)
Just running a 100 W from an FT857D this time. Same Aerial, 5 Ele Tonna
(Modified Feed) at 25 Feet. I plan to point at Europe for the first hour,
then swing around East then North after that, counter clockwise for the UK.

Adrian (M1LCR)