[UK-CONTEST] IOTA contest update

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Sat Aug 13 12:24:55 EDT 2005

Hello all

We have about 950 logs so far, which is excellent and suggests that this year's final total could be the highest ever. This probably reflects that, after last year's appalling conditions, even the relatively mediocre conditions this year seemed like a big improvement! There was also a high level of island activity. Thanks to all those who went out and activated a multiplier for the contest.

If you haven't sent your log, you have until the end of the month to do so. And do please go through the "activation" statge - it is surprising how many "bad" logs we still receive - no serial numbers, no received IOTAs, no QSOs! - and have to chase the entrants concerned.

My thanks to G3VAO GM4UYZ and MM0BQI who are already busy typing paper logs (about 40 received to date). I could do with a few more volunteers please - good keyboard skills and familiarity with SDI in post-contest mode is all that is required (plus some spare time!).

Don G3XTT