[UK-CONTEST] RSGB web site in general

James M0TJC jrh at m0tjc.org
Wed Dec 7 10:22:46 EST 2005

I'm seriously considering cancelling my membership of the RSGB.....

I have had one or reasons to call on their services in the last year or so,
and at DRM and RM level the level of help has been excellent, but on
escalation to the hallowed corridors of the "Potting Shed", things have
stopped there, and gone no further.... much to my frustration, with all kinds
of excuses (one being a blatant license terms abuse by 2 M3's (deliberate
victimisation of a fellow amateur, profane/inappropriate language) - OFCOMedy
didnt want to know, so I went to RSGB... only to be told that there wasnt
enough to go on.... with only 4.5 hours of .wav files on CD that were solely
of those 2 LIDS!!).

Add that to the general decline in RadCom, which seems to be the same old W&S
and ML&S adverts, and VLF contests....

I find Practically Witless a better read these days.... and I have no love of
valve equipment! hi hi.

I'm not knocking certain parts of the RSGB, they do a fantastic job in getting
new blood into the hobby via various channels, and also they do a good job
with the exams, which hopefully they will keep a hold of, and not let go to
Profit/Botch merchants OFCOM.

But certain parts of the RSGB need a damned good kick up the backside.... and
quickly, before members start to vote with their feet....

Sorry, rant over!

James - M0TJC (who's anti-depressants dont seem to be working!)

--
 Sent using Kmail on Mandriva Linux 2006
 100% virus free, as it's nothing to do with Microsoft!