[UK-CONTEST] rotating guy rings

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 04:02:17 EST 2005

When using this sort of mast I have always used some sort of commercial stay bearing at the top (which I have managed to break). I have a large selection of 2" inside diameter guy rings which benefit from a light coating of grease and can rest on top of a 'mast joiner' further down. I seriously wouldn't consider more than 60ft without looking just as seriously at the guys, attchments, strength of pole, etc. Guy every 15ft and take them out to at least the height of the mast. The rotator can sit at about 20ft, which will reduce top weight considerably, rather than putting it at the bottom, where there is a lot of weight resting on it. There's a picture of this sort of arrangement raising a set of 4 yagis on my web site - www.gm4aff.net.

73
Stewart