[UK-CONTEST] N1MM contest logger in RSGB 1.8 MHz contest.

G3WPH g3wph at folly.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 14:32:56 EST 2005

Andy gm8oeg wrote

> And a big thankyou from me to Paul!  I usually use N1MM (mainly for the
> inbuilt rtty and psk support).  I knew that the rsgb 160 contest was in
> the N1MM supported list and an hour before the contest I thought I'd
> just check all was well and it b***Y well wasn't.   Each time you tried
> to enter a district it refused to recognise it and wouldn't log the
> contact.  I'd always meant to try SD before but this was a real baptism
> of fire and what a pleasant experience it turned out to be.   From a
> completely standing start I had SD installed and had sussed out enough
> to use it for real in just a few minutes - so thankyou Paul you've
> definitely earned the bit that gets automatically added to the
> cabrillo:

Andy, I used N1MM (version 4.0.191) without difficulty.  What I found
impressive was that I could just enter a district for the PAs who were using
them or a serial number for the rest of the dx and it logged correctly.
Like you I moved to N1MM for the RTTY support, but find I use it for all
contests now.  Prior to that I was a SD user for about 7 years. - another
great contest logger.

In the contest I managed 149 QSOs with more DX than Gs.  On Sunday morning I
discovered one half of the antenna was on the ground....

Mike
G3WPH