[UK-CONTEST] "Butter it's Not!"

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 3 12:22:41 EST 2005

Hi Justin,

I have never used the copper stuff. If you read the web site for Penetrox
(which is the same a Noalox, I think) there are dire comments about getting
the wrong "stuff".

However, all is not lost. I bough a bottle of Penetrox (about the size of a
Fairy Liquid bottle) from the UK supplier for a few quid.  It is readily
available (look for it on Google) and can normally be shipped in a day or
so. You need to specify the stuff for aluminium, of course (they have
various sorts). Incidentally Penetrox was the stuff Mosley did (and perhaps
still do) use.

This bottle has been going now for four years, and is still "full" ! And
I've put up a few antennas in that time. I reckon it was a good investment,
considering the miserable quantity you get supplied with most antennas.

Hope this helps

Happy New Year

73

Don, G3BJ