[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW

Robin Thompson robin at g3tkf.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 05:39:27 EST 2005

In message <NJEKIHLAGJFHHNGLLDFMOEIFDLAA.clive.whelan at btinternet.com>,
Clive Whelan <clive.whelan at btinternet.com> writes
>G3SJJ wote
>
><Keying
>stumbled occasionally, not known that recently. Sometimes when I pressed F4
>to send my callsign it started half way through.>
Oddly I had exactly the same problem - so apologies to 'TXF and a few
others that had to put up with it - Only had 2 stations that misread my
call for Nigel this time - could be due to dropping the speed by a point
on the "K" when sent off the f keys !!  the extremes one has to go to
sometimes....
Condx perhaps were slightly better down here in the south - managed 93
Q's - but a real struggle towards the end - most stations apart from a
few European were weak and watery. I was plagued by some "lid" following
me around with a scratchy unreadable signal.

FT1000D - Dipole at 15m - L/W alt rx ant (useful)
G3TKF
Robin
Bath