[UK-CONTEST] Call me picky - if you like

Tom Wylie t.wylie at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 6 17:40:42 EST 2005

Its just one of my pet hates and I wonder what other contest adjudicators
think about it.

Cabrillo logs are fine - but for RSGB Contests most of the competitors
including some "BIG" UK contesters should really know better.

Its very simple - READ THE RULES......

The categories are very clear:
(a)    UK Open
(b)    UK Restricted
(c)    UK QRP
(d)    Overseas Open
(e)    Overseas Restricted
(f)    Overseas QRP

When the Cabrillo logs come in some, in fact a fair proportion of them, are
devoid of information which leaves me with the dilema of trying to figure
out what category you have actually entered.    Now, MY position is - if I
cannot reasonable ascertain what section you are in - then you are in the
OPEN section.   Hard luck, mate, if you are actually QRP.   I am not a mind
reader and do not operate ESP, only SSB/CW and RTTY.   I dont have the time
nor the inclination to e-mail entrants to ascertain what section.

For example - I have logs which claim:
Single op 15m LOW SSB  - is this QRP or restricted?
Single op RES LOW                         ditto
21/28 SSB                                        give in on this one
single op low power                            how low?
Multi one                                            ??????

Surely it is a simple job to text edit or add a few lines to the cabrillo
file
stating clearly  (a)  which section you are entering  (b) your transmitter
power and (c) your antenna system.   THIS SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT OF
CABRILLO LOGS

Either that or we should delete the antenna restriction and base the
sections entirely on power.

Tom
GM4FDM