[UK-CONTEST] G4PIQ AFS CW

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 9 17:49:56 EST 2005

238 good QSOs.

Not great at all. Got to station at 9.30 which you would have thought would
give me enough time to put up an 80m dipole, connect up the PA, stick up a
Beverage and set up SO2R..... However - various trouble with feeders, towers
and all that stuff meant that I got a lot of exercise - swore a lot and just
had the basic station ready to go at 14:04 and spent the rest of first hour
a bit distracted as I recabled the station as I operated. Sounds like an
excuse for a poor first hour but in reality just not many people called me.

Hourly rates 65/68/66/41 - not an unusual pattern from here - poor start -
catch up a bit later - but a bit more extreme this year. Maybe I need a
lower Tx antenna as well, but never had a lot of success with 'cloud
burners'.

Only 4 JA this year - but we don't clash with the JA LF contest any more of
course (shame!), and 1 x YI were only notable  DX. OK - so I do need a lower
antenna....

Biggest signal here G3RIR.

Probably see you next weekend in the SSB leg.

FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan. Dipole @ 80ft.
K2/100 + 90m bit of wire on sticks (too short, no time to terminate, ground
etc. so you could never call it a proper Beverage)

73,

Andy, G4PIQ