[UK-CONTEST] AFS CW

Derek Thom contests at derekthom.me.uk
Sun Jan 9 16:32:53 EST 2005

Why is it that stations on either side of me both appear to drift closer
to me as the contest proceeds!  It happened this year and it's happened
before.  Clearly I'm not loud enough!

However, 249 valid QSOs this year - better than in 2004 but not as good
as in 2003.

Scoring rate:  85/59/59/46.  All but 15 minutes in the last hour was
spent calling CQ, on 3535 before the S&P then on 3551.

FT990, Hunter amp (400W), 120ft doublet at 30ft.

EI5DI's SD.

Enjoyable as always but seemed to be more stations than usual down in
the noise - some of which I could get.

73,

Derek G3NKS
--