[UK-CONTEST] G3LET AFS CW

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 20:35:28 EST 2005

Enjoyable as always, probably more so without automated sending or logging (no time to set up this year).  But of course the penalty is paid in the last hour - had to stick with largely unproductive running as by that time I had absolutely no idea who I'd worked and who I hadn't.  QRS corrale didn't produce much.  A large number of welcome newcomers were noted, incl. G1 and G7 and a bevy of M0, many of them excellent operators.  Plus first ever JA on 80, with 24 AFS QSOs in his log . . .  Conditions and activity were significantly better than last year, with low noise levels.

238 good QSOs, plus 3 dupes that called me and apologies to several more I called that weren't logged. 26% S&P (all in a single trawl early on).  Hourly breakout 83/70/54/31.

Tentec Omni VI+ 400W to temporary 180ft sloping wire, end fed against lightning conductor.

Regards to all

Peter G3LET