[UK-CONTEST] SSB AFS

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 16 04:52:00 EST 2005

Made my best ever SSB AFS total, but the real news is G3RCV.

On Saturday morning I drove 25 miles to Dartford to help G0FDZ M3CVN
2E0ATY G0VJG put up a mast at a scout hut so that Simon M3CVN could
operate the contest using the Cray Valley RS club call. G3NPS was
on-site throughout the contest so it was all nice and legal.

We got a dipole up at 45ft on a scaffold mast, the rig was a TS50
driving a KW1000 amplifier. This amplifier had been very kindly donated
to CVRS by Dennis, G3MXJ when he moved to France.

With this far from ideal setup, G3RCV made 370 Qs. Fantastic piece of
work from a 17 year old operator. So I'm relegated to second place in
the team with a mere 358.

Dave G4BUO