[UK-CONTEST] SSB AFS

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 15 18:09:10 EST 2005

Lots of positives :

1 - G4BWP, G4BUO, G4TSH, G3RCV all now live in Leicester!
2 - Lots of UK activity, definitely bolstered by G1,6,7,8s.
3 - Conditions favourable right across the UK.
4 - My best 1st hour of any SSB or CW AFS. 140 Qs.
5 - The MP Roofing Filter kept IMD down. Very noticeable.
6 - The microHam Keyer was useful for DVK messages.
7 - Worked GW3NJW on SSB. An all time 41 year first?
A few negs :
1 - NLY was 10 ahead after the 1st hour!
2 - My antenna not high enough for this one, still.
3 - Lost my Run Freq at 1700 to someone who settled 1.25KHz away. I was a tad peeved.
4 - S&P then only produced 20 Qs.

302 Qs, no dupes. Not good enough but generally happy as I never do so well in this one.

Chris G3SJJ