[UK-CONTEST] GW0GEI SSB AFS

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 17:46:54 EST 2005

CALLSIGN: GW0GEI
CLUB: Dragon ARC
CONTEST: RSGB AFS SSB January 2005
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 80M HIGH SSB
CLAIMED-SCORE: 2570
OPERATORS: GW0GEI

Best conditions for a number of years, with over a 100 qsos in the first
hour. Nice clear run frequency until g3vhb moved from below me to 1.7kc
above me, which spoilt my run freq for the rest of the contest. A
request for him to move resulted in a very small shift hf but no real
difference in the splatter.  I consider this to be deliberate qrm and
inconsiderate behaviour, since I had been on my run freq since 1330, but
what can you do?
As I stand no chance of winning this contest from way out west I decided
to chill and use the second vfo more rather than sitting on him, but
maybe next year I will S and P first and then return the favour!

FT1000 Inrad filters
Lin Amp UK Challenger III
Inverted V dipole @ 10m

Steve GW0GEI