[UK-CONTEST] GW0GEI SSB AFS

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Sun Jan 16 19:43:07 EST 2005

Steve GW0GEI said:

> Nice clear run frequency until g3vhb moved from below me to 1.7kc
> above me, which spoilt my run freq for the rest of the contest. A
> request for him to move resulted in a very small shift hf but no real
> difference in the splatter.  I consider this to be deliberate qrm and
> inconsiderate behaviour, since I had been on my run freq since 1330, but
> what can you do?

Steve

If G3VHB's motive for qsying was to cause interference to you, then that
would be deliberate QRM. OTOH if he moved to what was a clearer frequency in
an attempt to improve his rate then it would not.  I know what my money's
on.  I have suffered interference from other participants in every contest
I've worked for more than 35 years.  Interference under crowded contest
conditions is inevitable and unavoidable.  OTOH the examples of deliberate
QRM I have witnessed have been relatively few and mostly seem to have
occurred at the hands of non participants.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F