[UK-CONTEST] SSB AFS

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 04:39:47 EST 2005

>3 - Conditions favourable right across the UK.

???????  You should have been in my shack for the first two hours!

>3 - Lost my Run Freq at 1700 to someone who settled 1.25KHz away. I
was a tad peeved.

Lost your run frequency just the once?  I lost mine about 5+ times!
For the first two hours there was hardly anything audible and then
suddenly about 1600 the band was so full of signals that I couldn't find
anywhere to settle at all, each time I managed to shoehorn myself into a
space someone else appeared either side.  However I don't see one can
complain with someone 1.25khz away, the highest figure I've seen for
QSOs is 370 so if the usable range is 150 khz each station gets 405 Hz,
hence there's only grounds for complaint if someone else is less than
400Hz from you!

>302 Qs, no dupes. Not good enough but generally happy as I never do so
well in this one.

95 Qs, 100w to a  120ft wire max 30ftagl.  Spent the first half CQing
with no replies and the second half tuning up and down looking for
somewhere to CQ :-)
Gave up early when I couldn't find anywhere.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg