[UK-CONTEST] Acom 1000 front panel

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 04:16:40 EST 2005

'Morning all

I have a slightly damaged front panel for an Acom 1000 going free (just p/p)
to the first UK caller. It was damaged in transit during the return trip
from a minor internal repair at the UK agent and being a pedantic so-and-so,
I purchased a replacement.

The top right-hand corner has split along the join between the front panel
and the side cheek for about 20mm, and an internal screw fitting is partly
visible. I've tried to take pictures, but it really doesn't show clearly.

It occurs to me (before I send it to the local landfill) that it may still
be in better condition than an example out there which may have been bashed
in expeditions or intense contesting. Before you get carried away, note that
replacement of the panel involves considerable stripping down of the amp,
it's a couple of hour's careful work if you've not done it before. Ron 'YDX
was very helpful with this.

Regards all

John G4ZTR