[UK-CONTEST] Don't Forget - GB5HQ

Doug Roberts g0wmw at arrl.net
Fri Jul 8 15:57:01 EDT 2005

Adrian,

Perhaps your observant club member should widen his investigations ...

A check on the HFCC website, HF contest results for last year reveals
almost exactly the same thing!  For all the contest results that show
individual scores, there is only one former Class B licence holder in
the top ten, and there are no Foundation or Intermediate licence holders.

Interesting to see how keen and easily motivated your mates are to do a
little to help out on a National basis!

73,
Doug G0WMW

Adrian Rees (M1LCR) wrote:

>Hi Dave
>Errr well, I know a number of guys who won't be working you, because of a
>comment that came up at this Tuesday's club meeting.
>
>Apparently (and don't shoot the messanger!) but...an observant member of our
>club pointed out that although the GB5HQ team wants as many UK licensed
>amateurs to work them, there isn't one former Class B licence holder in the
>team, nor are there any Foundation or Intermediate licence holders.
>
>The comment was aling the lines of "thats a bit rich, isn't it".
>
>Anyway, have fun.
>
>Adrian (M1LCR)

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's INTOLERANCE!