[UK-CONTEST] IOTA Contest

m0blf@domsmith.co.uk m0blf at domsmith.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 03:33:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Cambridge University Wireless Society will be active for IOTA Contest in the 100W Island DXpedition category from Heimaey, Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands) (EU-071) as G6UW/TF.  Operators to include G3ZAY, M0BLF and M0TJH.

We are flying out to Iceland this evening and should be active off-and-on from various locations in TF over the next week with our own calls.

For the benefit of anyone wondering about the callsign, the Icelandic Licensing authority has informed us that, in their interpretation, G6UW as a club callsign is not eligable for CEPT TR-61/01 priviliges, and they have licensed G6UW/TF as a reciprocal.  Oh well, it'll cause some interesting comments on the cluster and plenty of CW confusion, I'm sure :)

QSL for G6UW/TF will be via M0BLF, any operations from the mainland will be via homecalls.

Hope to work you all,

73, Dominic M0BLF.