[UK-CONTEST] Excel to Cabrillo (text) file - help pse?

Doug Roberts g0wmw at arrl.net
Tue Mar 1 09:16:18 EST 2005

I think not a simple process Nigel - this is the way I've done it before
now (but starting with Excel):

Access > Excel
Excel > .csv (comma separated value file)
.csv > Win-EQF (or Log-EQF)
Win-EQF > Cabrillo

... unfortunately, the file conversion utilities were always left out of
the shareware versions of the -EQF programs - you got the full monty
when you registered - I guess it's probably still the same.  How many
hundreds of files are involved?

73,
Doug G0WMW

Nigel G3TXF wrote:

>Hullo Chris,
>
>Could you (or anyone else on the UK Contest Reflector) pse help me to export
>an Excel file into a "Cabrillo compatible text-file"?
>
>I have been trying to do this with Word's Mail-Merge, but Mail-Merge gives
>you separate file for each line entry, and what I need is all the entries
>from the log in one flat text file.
>
>I realise that this is easy enough for those that know how - but I don't!
>
>I have all my DX-Trip Logs in Access and now want to up-load them to LoTW.
>Exporting from Access in Excel is no problem, but getting from Excel into a
>Cabrillo-style flat text file is where I need help!
>
>73 - Nigel G3TXF

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's INTOLERANCE!