[UK-CONTEST] ARRL DX CONTEST SSB

Paul Higginson paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 12:10:51 EST 2005

In message <20050307163451.7EB9D31935E at dayton.akorn.net>, Steve GW4BLE
<GW4BLE at btconnect.com> writes
>To UK Contest.
>

>Question - With such support for the RSGB 80M events, which is all very well
>of course, why so little interest in the major international contests from
>UK Contesters?

I was preoccupied with testing equipment and software for our efforts
later this year so the ARRL contest was a very convenient generator of
spots and RF noise.

Despite what I thought would be an OK antenna I just couldn't make any
impression on 80/40m so just worked what I could on 20m

Prefer CW to SSB contests but it was fun to fight it out in some of the
pileups.

Missed a couple of the west coast multipliers 'cos I had to travel just
as the band started to shape up on Sunday evening.

Regards
--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI        |   Those who pay for bandwidth understand
http://www.gw8izr.com           |   why we should only post plain text