[UK-CONTEST] ARRL DX CONTEST SSB

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 18:23:26 EST 2005

Hi Steve,
Congrats on your persistence on 15m in arrl!

In answer to your question below , for my part I had intended on putting
a serious entry into both ARRL contests, either as SOSB HP or as first
attempt at multi single. Failed to do either for the following reasons:

1/ New multi single / multi multi contest shack is several months behind
schedule and inside shack is too small for multi op. Shortage of
electricians, new building regs, and difficulty in getting a plasterer
has put back the new shack installation until later in the Spring. First
fix electrics are done, so have wires everywhere, but no pc or amp
sockets live yet!

2/ Storm damage to antennas, plus delays in putting up new mono band
antennas means it would have had to have been probably a single band
entry on 20m, 80m or 160m. 4 ele monobander for 20m is now up @ 90ft,
but new hardline is still to be installed back to the shack, and the 40m
4 square is still only at foundation post stage.

3/ Work and family commitments, leading to not enough time to do 2/ and
a lack of energy on my part to undertake a big contest.

So, I am having a rest from contesting (hence my absence from the 80m
tests after the initial couple) until the new multi single shack is
ready for occupation and the warmer weather motivates me to do some much
needed antenna work.

CW Field Day is probably the next outing for me, followed by WAE and
CQWW. I will be boycotting IOTA this year, as previously stated, due to
the Anglesey eu124 deletion, and I am going to give 21/28 a miss this
year too in order to prepare for a serious cqww entry.

That’s my story, and I'm sticking to it!

73

Steve GW0GEI (Contest Cymru Group)