[UK-CONTEST] ARRL DX CONTEST SSB

Plucknett, Geoff (UK) geoff.plucknett at baesystems.com
Tue Mar 8 03:17:39 EST 2005

In my case, Mothers day and sisters birthday the same weekend so playing radios gave way to scoffing chocolates!!

As for the CC contests: The good thing about those is that anyone can have a go and put in an entry that means something. Even stations like myself whose antenna farm consists of a bit of wire wrapped round a tree (and for the recent CW leg it was actually wrapped round the tree, the fixing halyard having snapped). Every QSO contributes and it is the team score that counts not the individual scores.

They've also been responsible for giving we historically non-CW merchants the confidence to get our keys out again after many years.

They are a great idea and I hope they continue.

Geoff G4FKA