[UK-CONTEST] using N1MM in BERU

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 18:34:31 EST 2005

Mike
I think it is even more important when no cluster use is allowed to exploit
the bandmap.
In S+P, as I tune through the band, I spot (locally) each station I hear. If
I work them, they turn grey so I don't need to waste time listening to them
again.  If there is a pile-up or they are not hearing me I have them stored
on the bandmap so that once I have tuned the band I can use control up/down
arrow to move through each unworked station on the bandmap.
If I am running I should be tuning with the second VFO or second radio and
building up a visual picture of a different band.  When my run rate drops I
can QSY and work everyone on my bandmap or knock them off one at a time
between CQs on the run band.
Either way it beats loading up the rigs quick memory banks or noting calls
and frequencies on a piece of paper!
Looking forward to some good fun at the weekend.
73
Jim  MM0BQI

* IOTA DXpedition EU108 Treshnish Isles June 2005
www.qsl.net/mm0bqi/eu108.htm *
       ** IOTA Contest DXpedition  EU92 Summer Isles July 2005 **