[UK-CONTEST] Attitudes to SSB and CW contesting

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Fri Mar 18 17:40:20 EST 2005

I think folks should be less sensitive.

If they find SSB contetsing fun they should do it and if they don't then
they shouldn't.

I find enjoyment in CW & RTTY contesting but find absolutely none in SSB
contests.  Why?  Because SSB contests give me a sore throat and a headache
in under an hour.

Listening around the bands over CQ WW SSB weekend makes it very clear there
are a whole lot of folks who enjoy phone contesting.  Good for them.  Though
personally, I'd rather shovel sh** than spend 48 hours SOAB on phone.

Each to their own.

Bob, 5B4AGN