[UK-CONTEST] Contest: Test Message vs Morse

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Sun May 15 16:45:49 EDT 2005

A few weeks ago the story was on the news that a 93 year-old telegrapher
in Australia had beaten a youngster in a competition to see which was
the faster way of sending a message: SMS text or Morse code.

On Friday evening in the US on the Jay Leno show, a similar test was set
up. One of the Morse guys was Chip, K7JA who some of you might have met
at the RSGB HF Convention last October. Scott KA9FOX has put some
recordings of that part of the show onto the web, see the email below
from cq-contest.

Dave G4BUO

Message: 17