[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC Contests

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 03:23:47 EST 2005

>From a northern (Edinburgh) perspective this is a change for the better.  My
totals in January were 7, 9 and 8 QSOs.  Conditions and QSO numbers slowly
improved as the year went on..  It was a hard slog and on many evenings
running less than 50w to a loaded dipole, a few feet above the roof,  seemed
like a thankless task.
That is possibly why there were so few entrants from GM.  Although we seem
to have lots of operators at the multi stations up here, when it comes to
participation in national (smaller) contests many of these individual calls
are never heard.   I wonder where these operators learn the skills required
to operate the multi stations during the three or four major contests each
year?
Moves to increase participation and make short contest fun and accessible
are to be applauded.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI
Summer Isles Radio Club