[UK-CONTEST] Re 21/28MHZ Contest

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 13:20:11 EDT 2005

Jim G3RTE said....

>Far too many and they just clutter up the bands

No they do not. They bands are quiet all week, and on 5 out of 10 weekends, they are fairly empty on at least one mode. The majority of contests (including 21/28MHz one) don't generate enough interest to generate any QRM. The WARC bands provide an option to work the world free from contest avtivity. If the bands weren't 'cluttered up', who would be there to work?
73
Stewart
GM4AFF