[UK-CONTEST] Re 21/28MHZ Contest

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 23 14:42:03 EDT 2005

Amateur radio used to be a process, now it's a series of events.

We used to have QSOs, now we work islands the location of which we have
little idea ( but probably in the sun)

We used to ragchew, now we run 180 QSOs per hour in SO2R, and sometimes
don't realise on which band we've worked whom until we look at the log.

We used to get 349, and even 568C, now we always get 5NN.

We used to like to get pretty QSL cards, now they are an unwelcome chore.

We used to pump straight keys, swing bugs, paddle electronic keyers, now we
punch keyboards.

Is this progress? I don't know, just the way we are. My brain hurts.

73

Clive
GW3NJW