[UK-CONTEST] SSB Field Day '05

Jim Balls jim at j1mbo.f9.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 11:33:38 EDT 2005

Just out of interest I notice that in your 2003 write up that you
entered the restricted section but used 2 radio's and 3 antenna's, one
antenna on the "run" station ad 2 antenna's on the spotting station.

Just correct me if I am wrong but I thought the rules of the restricted
section are as follows

    1. Sections: All sections are multi-operator. This is a portable
contest as defined in General Rule 6.
    (b) Restricted Section. 100W output power. One antenna only which
must be a single element having not more than two elevated supports and
not exceeding 15m above ground at its highest point.

    2. Equipment:
    (b) Restricted Section. One transmitter and one receiver or one
transceiver. Both receivers in a dual-receive transceiver may be used,
if desired. In all sections, equipment and antennas for packet radio
         access above 30MHz may also be used, if desired.

Now I read this as the station may only comprise of 1 Antenna and 1
Transceiver, it does not allow the use of a second station and more
antenna's being used for spotting .. or am I wrong.

Clarification would be great for next year as I'm feeling quite hard
done by if we are allowed a second station for spotting (even though we
don't normal have enough operators to run the station).

Anyone?

Jim M0CKE

PS:  we were all ready for the SSB Field Day, with a new antenna and a
different radio, when I was rushed into hospital on the Friday at 6pm, I
was in theater by 1am having my appendix removed .. needless to say I
didn't make the contests :-((

Wisbech Club had canceled the contest but a few of the guys got together
and put up a ad hoc station in a stubble field just to have a bit of
fun, needles to say the score is quite low this year as the site was
poor, most operators novices to contesting and the antenna was just a
inverted V doublet at about 28 feet center ... the lads had fun though
and I'm now on the road to recovery.