[UK-CONTEST] Use of Clusters

RAYMOND HILLS g3hrh at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 16 04:09:13 EDT 2005

I have followed these discussions with great interest.  As a non-contester
these days (apart for being a member of the 80MCC winning team for two
successive years) my own view is that no use of clusters or any other
"artificial" aid to finding contacts should be allowed.  The skill in
contesting is to know where to listen and when and to have someone or
something whispering in your ear that so-and-so is on such-and-such a
frequency really doesn't cut it.  The skill is all about operating using
your ears, not about how clever you can be organising clusters etc.  But
then, I am very old and past it!

Ray Hills G3HRH