[UK-CONTEST] Windows MSI

Berni GU0IDA g0ida at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 15:25:01 EDT 2006

Dear Chaps,

  I have a Windows application problem and I would appreciate some help.

  When I open e.g. Word, Access..... Norton Antivirus I get a small message box which says "This MSI must be launched through setup".
  A message "Please wait while Windows configures Norton Antivirus 2005".

  This has been going on for a few months and is getting very annoying!

  I guess it could be a Norton Antivirus problem or more likely a conflict somewhere with Windows.
  I have Windows XP with all the updates and patches to date, Norton is also up to date.

  I don't see replacing Norton as an option as I have until the end of the year subscription and I have written to Symantec but they have been unhelpful, I'm still pestering them.

  All though this does not impede normal PC operation it's just a pain in the butt when this comes up at start up and almost every program I open :-(

  Can someone help me please.

  All the best,

  Berni
  GU0IDA