[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC 12th April (Amps?)

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Thu Apr 13 11:46:38 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I would not like to think that there are a significant number of
operators using amps in these contests.  Although I have no particular
bee in my bonnet about people running high(illegal?) power (I am sure
that subject has been done to death here before).

However what really pisses me off about running amps in a specifically
LOW POWER contest is that it deprives me of a meaningful yardstick when
comparing myself against other ops in the results.  If I come in 10th in
a given session, isn't it rendered meaningless if half the people above
me were running 1kW?

I am not yet convinced that there is a significant number exceeding the
100W level. If I am wrong and these contests are going to become power
dominated, then I for one am going to lose interest.

Oh Yes!....just for the record I was running 100W.  Although I am still
hoping I was one of the front-end blowing signals referred to :0)
Alex

Member of: DeMontfort University A.R.S, RSGB, ARRL,
CDXC, GMDX group, G-QRP, RAOTA.
See my Cushcraft MA5B review at
http://www.sonikblue.co.uk/g3zbe/Ma5b.htm
Alex Allan (O.D. & E.C.)