[UK-CONTEST] 21/28 contest

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 18:29:22 EDT 2006

Hi Fred,

> It would be nice to have the Commonwealth against the rest of the world
> but that idea will be killed I suppose, hi.
> 73 Fred PA0FAW

Well, we all thought that would be a great idea too and loads of Gs turned
out when we tried it for our queen's jubilee a few years ago, but
unfortunately the commonwealth guys never showed up, and it was held in the
middle of the summer, to tie in with the jubilee, etc. etc. and so that was
it - an (apparently) failed experiment.  So now your best chance is to visit
one of us over here in March and pretend to be a G station during our "BERU"
contest, or take a break on a nice commonwealth island like VP9 or VO2(!)
land, which I'm sure would make you very popular!

Cheers,

Peter G3LET