[UK-CONTEST] EFD responses

g3sxw at compuserve.com g3sxw at compuserve.com
Thu Aug 17 12:57:28 EDT 2006

Dear UK-Contest,
Re EFD
>I really do wish we could get away from the references to Cluster
Agree, Chris, and it’s a red herring. It’s a detail, certainly not
important enough to stifle development of EFD. Cluster is emotive, clouds
judgement. PLEASE let’s discuss the important issues.

>all it needs is for the RSGB or Reg 1 to approach all other non
participating countries.
EXACTLY what is proposed. But it’d help if the five FD countries firstly
aligned their rules more closely.

>dual scoring as happens at the moment with UK stations entering the DARC FD
EXACTLY what is proposed. All that will happen is that the other 40 Eu
countries who are currently out in the cold will have a contest to enter so
everyone benefits. We choose to enter RSGB NFD or EFD or both.

>no problem with allowing a fixed station listing provided fixed can only
work /P
Agree. Surely no-one wants Fixed stations working each other in FD.

>Some contests should be left as they are for the rest of their natural
life. BERU and >HF NFD are old-fashioned, but so what . . . any Euro update
is unlikely to have any >effect on overall participation from the UK.
How negative. Let it die? Shudder. The point is that EFD would encourage
portable stations in all other Eu countries to QRV: more stations for us
all to work: UK stations enjoy it more: bingo, more UK stations will QRV.
Doing nothing (as until now) only promotes decline. Not an option: FD is
too important for the good of the hobby as a whole. Let’s help spread the
FD magic to all those other countries. 73 de Roger/G3SXW.