[UK-CONTEST] Noise Floor

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Sun Dec 3 07:48:51 EST 2006

On 3 Dec 2006 at 11:14, Justin Snow wrote:

> My new neighbours recently had a Sky TV system
> installed and that has made a real mess all over the HF bands.

It may be worth while investigating this if they are cooperative. Sky
boxes certainly shouldn't put out this stuff. I suspect a problem
with the box switch mode psu not having a mains filter and putting
all its garbage out via the mains - as was reported in this month's
EMC column. I had a similar problem here when I built a new pc and
found hash on 80m, caused by the mains filter components in its psu
having been omitted - said components fitted in holes provided and
cured.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com