[UK-CONTEST] FT1kMP zapped

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 9 04:49:56 EST 2006

Looks as though we may have zapped the front-end of my FT1kMP during
CQWW CW. Overall gain seems well down. On 160m my normal noise level in
dry conditions is around s5, currently the s meter is showing s2.
Likewise on 10m, given the Space weather situation, I can hear a few
signals but generally they are much lower and also white noise is low.

Unfortunately I don't have sig genny so can't do any accurate
measurements. Can anyone suggest what components might have gone first?

Chris G3SJJ