[UK-CONTEST] FT1kMP zapped

Paul Beecham paul at prolectric.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 06:43:35 EST 2006

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your MP.
Not sure if the rf unit in the MP is the same as the mk 5 but  before I had
proper filters I used to regulary zapp my mk5. front end.
Components C1232 (0.1uf 25v chip cap.) and (D1056 1sv271 tph3 diode) , were
always the culprits, the latter more so. These components are in the rx
chain just before the band pass filters. They are chip components and
difficult to solder but with care it's do- able in about 45 minutes start to
finish, I hope this is of some help.
73
Paul
G6PZ.